|Lixis Ran Kanda|
First appeared in War of Indines.
- "I will defy nature, and master it, and I will live!"
The western desert of Sanghalim grows several miles every year, slowly eating away at the lush central forests of Jeffreys . Seeing the expansion of the desert would inevitably destroy her own and her sisters' home, Lixis resolved to learn the science of biomancy, in hopes of creating a way to restore the blighted brush lands to life and fight the desert. Reaching the northern nation of Willat , the capital of Technomagickal and alchemical research in the world, Lixis joined the laboratories of famed alchemist Aaron Ross and showed a natural aptitude for life sciences. There she set about researching ways to improve and empower life. After Ross's research was deemed heretical and condemned by the magisters of Willat, Lixis fled with Ross's greatest creation, Kehrolyn, and his research notes. She is close to finding the secret of restoring the desert-swept lands to life, and only a few clues remain to be found...
AppearanceEditLixis, as a dryad , has an almost elven look to her, but the flowers bedecking her outfit and her long green hair bely her true nature.
Powers & AbilitiesEdit
Lixis is a powerful alchemist and master of the science of biomancy.
Game appearances and playstyleEdit
- Lixis is a fighter loaded with preventative and counter-effect options. Able to disable opponents' individual strategies and prevent the stat boosting effects that power most characters, Lixis is a dangerous foe that forces opponents to adapt to her unique skills.
- Lixis reduces damage taken by allies and deals small bursts of direct damage. As a leader, opposing units take constant damage from her alchemical poisons.
- Lixis' Striker card affects the opponent's play of tokens and can neutralise their attacks.
Character Kit in BattleConEdit
|Ability Name||Character Version||Description|
|Original||Whenever Lixis hits with an attack, the opponent must choose and discard a base from their hand. This base is sent to the opponent’s discard pile together with the attack pair played this beat and recycles as normal with the rest of the discarded cards.|
Lixis has Stun Immunity.
Whenever Lixis is hit with an attack, she must choose and discard a Base from her hand. This Base is sent to her discard Pile together with the Attack Pair this Beat and recycles as normal with the rest of the discarded cards.
Lixis' Pruning Style counts the number of cards in her own Discard Pile, rather than her opponent's Discard Pile.
|Engineered Touch||EX||Whenever Lixis hits with an attack, she may name a Base for the opponent to discard from his or her hand. If she does not, her opponent chooses. This Base is sent to the opponent’s Discard Pile together with the Attack Pair played this beat and recycles as normal with the rest of the discarded cards.|
|All Your Base||Almighty||Whenever Lixis hits with an attack, the opponent must choose and discard a Base from his or her hand. This Base is sent to the opponent’s Discard Pile together with the Attack Pair played this beat and recycles as normal with the rest of the discarded cards.
Opponents have a third Discard Pile that their attacks must cycle through before returning to their hands.
Personal Styles and BasesEdit
Rule FAQs Edit
- Q: Can I disable Kehrolyn’s current form with my Naturalizing Style?
- A: No. Kehrolyn’s current form is a second Style, not a stat bonus. (War rulebook)
- Q: What happens if I've used Lance and Heketch teleported directly beside me during the Ante step?
- A: He stays where he is. The passive movement-preventing effect of Lance doesn’t activate until it has been turned face-up. (War rulebook)
- Q: What happens if a player must ‘advance until they are adjacent’ to me, but I’ve used Lance?
- A: They must move forward until they are prevented from doing so by Lance’s effect, then stop.
- Q: How does Naturalizing interact with anted Seal (Mikhail) or Ammo (Rukyuk) Tokens? Does Mikhail apply a style and is Rukyuk able to hit?
- A: Both Mikhail and Rukyuk only care that the token was anted. The Ammo Token would not grant its benefit but Rukyuk would be able to hit. In the same way Mikhail would apply his style. (Official FAQ)
|STRIKER||Lixis Ran Kanda|
|Life Virus||Support||1~3||Stun Guard 4
On Hit: The opponent discards his Striker. If the Striker is already discarded, move it to discard pile 1.
|Neutralizer||Ante||Players cannot ante any more during this beat.|
|Dryad's Repose||Boost||All text on the nearest opponent's style card is ignored during this beat.|
|"Let's begin the experiment."|
Pixel Tactics UnitEdit
|Alchemist Warfare Division|
|Appears in: Pixel Tactics||STR||LIFE|
|Lixis Ran Kanda||2||17|
|Leader||All opposing heroes take 1 damage at the end of each wave (before casualties are checked.)|
Takes 2 less damge from attacks.
|Flank||Your leader takes 2 less damage from attacks.|
|Rear||Attack: Apply 1 damage to up to 5 different heroes.|
|Order||Apply 7 damage to heroes. You may divide this damage as you wish.|
|Takes no damage from attack items (those with a red disc). Can discard carried items as a free action.|